From swanky balls at historic hotels to live DJs at underground clubs to unforgettable meals at Michelin-starred restaurants — there are tons of memorable ways to ring in the New Year in Chicago. Here are a few of our favorite ways to celebrate this year, including live shows at cool music venues, award-winning dining options, unique events, spectacular fireworks displays, and more for New Year’s Eve 2024 in Chicago.
New Year’s Eve fireworks and events at Navy Pier
- New Year’s Eve fireworks at Navy Pier: This iconic fireworks show will light up the sky over Lake Michigan at the stroke of midnight. The spectacular display can be seen along the lakefront, but the best views are from Navy Pier’s official New Year’s Eve parties.
- Big Night Chicago New Year’s Eve Party: Set in the stunning Aon Grand Ballroom, this over-the-top evening celebration will include multiple dance floors with live DJs and a grand countdown to the midnight fireworks show.
- New Year on the Pier at Bar Sol: One of the city’s top countdown spots, this event includes live musicians and DJs across multiple floors, and a view of the fireworks show at midnight.
- NYE 2024 at Offshore Rooftop & Bar: The nation’s largest rooftop bar offers sweeping views of the Chicago skyline and the midnight fireworks show. The all-inclusive event includes an open bar, a midnight champagne toast, appetizers, and much more.
- New Year’s Eve lakefront cruises: Set sail on an elegant dinner cruise that departs from Navy Pier. Enjoy dinner, dancing, DJs, champagne toasts, and more with panoramic views of the glittering city skyline.
Dinner at Chicago restaurants
Say goodbye to 2023 with an unforgettable meal courtesy of Chicago’s award-winning dining scene. The city’s restaurants are going all out for New Year’s Eve dinner, with special menus, champagne toasts, luxe add-ons, and more.
- Boka: Indulge in a Michelin-star meal at Boka, which will be serving an elevated nine-course menu with an optional reserve wine pairing.
- Miru: Enjoy upscale Japanese cuisine with sweeping city views at Miru, serving their full menu along with some special surprises.
- Alla Vita: Celebrate family-style with a four-course menu of favorite dishes, followed by a champagne toast.
- Carnivale: Ring in 2024 with Copa Carnivale, a disco-themed dinner with live entertainment and plenty of Latin flair.
- HaiSous Vietnamese Kitchen: This acclaimed Pilsen spot is now taking reservations for New Year’s Eve; choose a spot at the chef’s counter to make it a special occasion.
- Fioretta: The NYE menu at this West Loop steakhouse will be a prix fixe three-course meal with a complimentary champagne toast.
- Dusek’s Tavern: Inside Thalia Hall, Dusek’s will be serving a wood-fired menu focused on seasonality (with an optional wine pairing) to welcome in the new year.
Check out more restaurants open on New Year’s Eve in Chicago this year.
Parties at Chicago hotels
Chicago hotels are pulling out all the stops for New Year’s Eve 2024. Sip champagne in historic ballrooms, marvel at a midnight confetti drop, and dance the night away to live DJs and bands. And don’t forget to reserve a room for the night for an all-in-one NYE getaway.
- New Year’s Eve at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago: Experience an upscale rooftop NYE celebration, where guests can indulge in chef-driven cocktails, passed appetizers, and a midnight champagne toast. Premium upgrades for private booths and igloos are available.
- Gatsby’s Roaring ‘20s New Year’s Eve Soiree at JW Marriott Chicago: Look to the future while embracing the past with a 1920s-themed extravaganza. The all-inclusive gala features one of the city’s hottest cover bands and a top-shelf drinks package.
- New Year’s Eve Party at Hilton Chicago: Dress your best and spend an evening partying in Hilton Chicago’s ballrooms, featuring a dozen live acts, top DJs, and a midnight confetti storm.
- Ballroom Blitz at Swissotel Chicago Hotel: Ring in 2024 at this waterfront hotel, right next to the Chicago River. A ticket will get you special martinis, champagne, a pasta buffet, party favors, and a complimentary pre- and post-party.
- New Year’s Eve Countdown at Palmer House: One of the city’s most historic hotels is hosting a glamorous New Year’s bash to be remembered. Head to the elegant ballroom for specialty drinks, an appetizer buffet, chocolates, and more.
- Chicago New Year’s Eve Party at Congress Plaza Hotel: The historic Congress Plaza Hotel will be hosting a multi-ballroom all-inclusive New Year’s Eve soiree. Dance the night away on multiple dance floors featuring Chicago’s hottest DJs.
- New Year’s Eve at LondonHouse Chicago: Bring in the New Year with a breathtaking view of the midnight fireworks display over the Chicago River from this downtown hotel. Enjoy a live DJ, open bar, a selection of appetizers, a photo booth, and a complimentary champagne toast.
New Year’s Eve parties and events
Sing show tunes with drag queens, go back in time with a retro-themed evening, dance the night away on a packed dance floor, and so much more. Check out these unique parties and events ringing in the New Year in Chicago.
- The Premier: NYE 2024 at The Promontory: Dance to four of the city’s best DJs under one roof at this energetic party in Hyde Park. Tickets include admission, a balloon drop, party favors, and a midnight toast, with an optional open bar and VIP tables.
- New Year’s Eve at Kindling: Located in the iconic Willis Tower, Kindling will be pulling out all the stops for its first NYE party with high-end bites by the award-winning chef.
- New Year’s Eve at Time Out Market: This West Loop food hall is throwing one of the hottest parties in town, featuring electrifying beats, drink packages, and food from the market’s many vendors.
- Broadway in Chicago at Kit Kat Lounge: The famous Kit Kat divas are planning over-the-top performances of all your favorite show tunes, from Wicked to Chicago.
- TAO Chicago NYE 2024: In River North, this chic club is hosting a black-tie-optional celebration across two floors. Expect live entertainment, generous hors d’oeuvres, and lots of champagne.
- Gatsby’s Prohibition at Morgan Manufacturing: Roll back the clock to the Roaring Twenties at this late-night soiree. Dress in your best Prohibition era attire and enjoy premium drinks, lavish desserts, and a unique midnight celebration.
- Sin in the Second City at Untitled Supper Club: Step back in time at this upscale club, where four rooms of performances will feature burlesque and beyond.
- New Year’s Eve at the House of Blues: Ring in 2024 in the Foundation Room at this iconic music venue, where you’ll find photo opps, party favors, upscale appetizers, and more.
Explore more New Year’s Eve events and parties happening in Chicago.
Live shows and concerts
Whether you’re looking for theatre, dance, comedy, or music, these Chicago venues are offering exhilarating shows and productions that will start your new year off on an exciting note. Check out some of the live events happening this New Year’s Eve in Chicago.
- Spybar: ChaseWest will bring his fresh take on minimal techno to this iconic house music club.
- Subterranean: In Wicker Park, dance the night away at this Daft Disko party inspired by the music of Daft Punk and more.
- Riviera Theatre: Jam out with Umphrey’s McGee during their three-night run at this Uptown venue.
- Radius: In Pilsen, British electronic duo Gorgon City will be playing til midnight and beyond.
- Kingston Mines: Enjoy non-stop music at this legendary blues bar, featuring three performers throughout the night.
- Reggies: This South Loop rock club has a full lineup of music, plus a party on their popular rooftop.
- Blue Man Group: In Lakeview, the Blue Man Group is ready to party for New Year’s Eve. Choose from one of four ultra-colorful, all-ages shows throughout the day and evening.
Explore more New Year’s Eve events and shows happening in Chicago.